Dickory Dickory Dock - National Nursery Rhymes & Songs - Original Book Page - 11x14" MATTED, UNFRAMED
We discovered that some of the old children's books we've picked up along the way just can't be saved for reading time. But they still have beautiful art that can live on.
This piece is from an antique book with classic nursery rhymes set to music by J.W. Elliot. It was illustrated by E. Griset and engraved by the renown Brothers Dalziel. The illustrations are all gorgeously detailed ink lithographs. This page is a beautiful depiction of the classic nursery rhyme Dickory, Dickory Dock (Hickory Dickory Dock to Americans, of course).
Beware when you are buying vintage art online - much of it is digital photos of art reprinted for sale. This is an actual book page and not a reproduction - the paper has the distinctive look that you can only get from the real thing.
• "Dickory, dickory, dock" from National Nursery Rhymes Set to Music original book page
• Stunning children's art for the nursery, bedroom, or playroom
• Published in the late 1800s
• Illustrated by E. Griset and engraved by the Brothers Dalziel
• Grey and White acid free mat custom cut for the art
• Fits in standard 11"x14" frame (frame not included)
• Image measures 6" x 9"
• In wonderful condition
• Mat board is brand new and acid free
At Bixley, forgotten treasures are looking for a home to call their own. We love the "as is" quality of vintage pieces and hope you do too. Please read our description carefully and take a good look at our photos. We'll do our best to point out any of the bumps and bruises of age.
Browse for more great vintage finds here on Bixley or at Bixley on Etsy.